Hello Monday and Hello to all my friends!!!
We have had some unseasonably warm weather here in Virginia Beach and I have to say I am loving it! THIS is my weather! This 70 degree and warm where you can wear jeans and get by with only a light sweater or jacket.
I am not a fan of the winter and a “white christmas” it just doesn’t appeal to me. I know some people will curse me and think I’m blasphemous, but but I just can’t! The warm weather feeds my soul and it really does warm my heart!
This weekend we played outside ALL DAY! The sun just called us outside and begged for us to ride bikes and run barefoot through the muddy grass and just be get as dirty as we could be (grass stains and mud stains and all!)
This was the first weekend that I have had “off” in a long time! I didn’t have any sessions and I actually took a break from the computer and editing even though I’m a bit swamped with that right now. I just needed to play and take some time for me! I read a book last year called The Best YES and it really opened my eyes to how little time we all take to fill our own cups up! We spend a lot of time filling others and being there for others but we don’t really do a lot to replenish ourselves these days!
We have to take care of ourselves so we can take care of those we love! It’s just the truth!
So I spent this weekend focusing on myself and my family and this beautiful weather we were graced with!
Some things we learned this weekend:
- Linc LOVES to cook and bake and as he is getting older he is becoming quite the little chef! We baked sugar cookies on Friday together (because he was crazy and I needed an outlet before strangling him). They actually turned out really well and quite delicious which if you know me AT ALL, you know I can’t bake! I can even really mess up the cut and bake cookies so sugar cookies from scratch turning out edible was HUGE! HUGE!!!! I was super proud and took pictures for everyone to see!!!
- Fargus has a door now so he can either fly to the North Pole or just travel to and from by door! This door also allows him to travel back and forth to Gigi’s house! Linc LOVES this little door and it’s adorable! You can check it on instagram if you follow us and I was super proud of my elf game Friday night!
- Fried Oreos ARE AMAZING ya’ll! Tuck and I actually had a date night (like a real date night) and that in itself is kind of amazing! We had dinner and then went to a movie! We even stayed out until 10 pm… and I didn’t fall asleep!!! We ordered fried oreos for dessert and I am NOT a dessert girl. I prefer salty foods but HOLY MOLY guys… these little devils are THE BOMB DOT COM! If you ever see them on a menu, order them right away!
- Do all three year olds like to be naked or is just my kid?! I feel like I’m constantly repeating myself that we are NOT living in a nudist colony!!!!
- AND I’m super proud of myself because I JUST mastered the fine art of flat iron curls! I know this is probably so simple for all you girls out there but this is HUGE for me! I stink at all things girlie like hair and make up and now that my hair is super short (hooray for that ya’ll I feel like myself again!) being able to curl it with the flat iron for a little bend and wave… it’s AMAZING! I danced around my bathroom like a maniac!!! I think I might throw myself a little party!!
Here’s a little sneak peek of what’s coming this week! 😉 A gorgeous and heart warming Motherhood Journal that I just can’t wait to share with you!